Use these 8 Free Keyword Research Tools to Find Best Keywords for your Website
by Ammar Falak
As a beginner when you start Search Engine Optimization (SEO), you learn what are keywords, why they are important, and how they are required for ranking a website on the search engine result pages. And you start with researching them, but many of us get confused between search queries with keywords and long-tail keywords so let’s start by differentiate them and do a quick refresh and talk about a few of my understandings.
How keywords and search queries can be differentiated?
Keywords are the exact words which a marketer uses in their campaigns (PPC or Organic) to rank their pages on the other hand search queries are the terms which the searcher search on search engines.
For example, suppose you are selling a hand sanitiser and you have selected the keywords like “hand sanitiser, alcohol hand sanitiser and so on.. Now searcher searches How to use hand sanitiser?, Is hand sanitiser useful?, Is alcoholic hand sanitisers are safe or not? or what is better sanitiser or soap? These are search queries. Your keyword is a part of the query. Search query may have misspelled or it may have typo-error by the searcher. Searchers type what they want to find on search engines they don’t know what keywords are or what keywords you are targeting on. As marketers we search keywords with a goal that those keywords will be a match to search query.
Keyword research is one of the main components for the SEO, when anyone starts SEO or any campaign, keyword research is the first step. If you are a blogger, affiliate marketer or you want to start SEO for your website your first step is to research better keywords for your targeted audience. While researching for better keywords you also need to remember a few more things. But before proceeding to that let’s start with the question of what are keywords and why they are important?
As you all know why you need a better keyword, you cannot choose any random words if you do so your website will never rank on the search engine results page. You need to understand what kinds of keywords are better for your business, low competitive to high volume searches.
We should remember a few points while researching keywords
- Define Your Goal – You should be clear about your goals and what you want people to do when they Search for your business, you need to answer a few questions like what you do (your business), what is your USP, the services you provide.
- Do the Segmentation – Break down the broader topics into smaller topics to find more niche keywords
- Know Your target audience – You should know your target audience, what kind of people will search for your business, their age, education, the purpose of searching your business, or demography. Most marketers make this mistake they just choose the high volume keywords which are not most relatable for their business. And if your target audience does not relate to those keywords what are the benefits of using them. Think as per the customer’s perspective.
- Check Grammar/spell errors – As you know your target audience now you know what your audience will search for example your target audience will not search companie for COMPANY
- Using Keyword search tools – Their many search tools on the internet like Google keyword planner or Ubersuggest and may more. You can use one or more than one tool to compare the results and find more relatable keywords.
- Do not ignore long tail keywords –
What is Long tail keywords?
Long tail keywords are words that have 3 or more than 3 words, generally, they have low search volume and low competition also. They are more specific and have more chances for conversion rates.
- Use Quora to check relativity – It can also be used for keyword research, you can search the related trending topic for your business and check what keywords the audiences are using.
- You must do Competitor analysis – You should always do a competitor analysis to know what and how your competitor is doing, find the opportunity in their keyword gaps.
Oh! You just completed a list of your new keywords. Finding quality keywords is going to be time consuming, but it is worth the effort. I hope you find this blog interesting and it gives you something new to learn in the search engine optimization (SEO). You must review your keyword basket quarterly and after every 6 months. I hope it will help you grow your business.
March 6, 2018
August 14, 2017